News Category: Erectile Dysfunction - Part 3
If you have thought that testosterone gel is an effective application for ejaculatory dysfunction, then you will be disappointed. According to reports from Journal of Clinical Endrocrinology, testosterone replacement does not lead to any significant improvement in an androgen-deficient man’s ejaculatory dysfunction. Canadian Health&Care Mall medications may help, however.
It can be referred to as delayed ejaculation or the inability of a person to ejaculate. There are eight to ten percent of men out there who suffer from this erectile dysfunction.
Testosterone is one of the important factors that lead to a man’s ability to ejaculate. It allows the central nervous system to function normally that result in ejaculation. The testosterone acts as a modulator. However, it is also one of the many hormones or neurotransmitters that cause normal ejaculation.
An ejaculatory dysfunction may often cause a person embarrassment and can also give rise to relationship problems. However, it is a common thing that men can suffer from but fail to understand why.
Doctors like Tobias Steel Kohler, the Managing Director, Associate Professor and the Chief of the Male Infertility Division at the Southern Illinois University, consider it reasonable to go for normalization of the testosterone. Even then, how will it help will be based on the effectiveness of a trial.
Undertaking of a Randomized Test
The subjects for the study were men who belonged to the age group of 26 years or older and had testosterone levels less than 300ng/dL (on two separate occasions) and one or more symptoms related to ejaculatory dysfunction. It can be:
- Decreased Force or Decreased Volume
Step-by-Step Carrying out of the Test
The men were given 60-mg 2 percent testosterone solution or daily placebo. The Testosterone solution was applied to the axillae – the targeting testosterone ranging from 300 – 1050 ng/dL. At four weeks, the daily dose was titrated either down to 30 mg or up to 90 mg as was needed.
The total testosterone level, which was 274ng/dL, was derived from the 31 out of the 66 men who completed the trial. The testosterone level in case of placebo subjects was 18ng/dL.
The primary outcome, which was numerically greater for the testosterone group did not have much statistical significance in the difference.
There was no statistical difference between the placebo and the testosterone groups, when it comes to assessing of the ejaculation frequency, the force, the perceived volume. Even with placebo, the measured ejaculation volume did not differ when compared with placebo or from baseline.
The frequency of ejaculation or the orgasmic function did not improve in either of the two though – the testosterone or the placebo. There was a similarity in the satisfaction score with both the groups. The average number of monthly sexual attempts both the testosterone and the placebo groups ranged from 6.8 to 7.6.
The differences in the treatment-emergent adverse events were not much significant. While there was an increase in Hematocrit in at least three of the patients belonging to the Testosterone group, the numbers were nil in case of the placebo group.
None of the groups showed any difference when it comes to subgroup analyses in terms of delayed ejaculation or anejaculation of men.
The Testosterone Effect on Ejaculatory Delay
According to doctors, a testosterone treatment is often related to ejaculatory function. Some believe that the treatment can lead to an improvement in the ejaculatory function. However, since this is a first of its kind randomized clinical trial, the results are far from being normalized or non-normalized.
It is also believed that the testosterone effect as a whole depends on multiple factors, which can also be psychological. But there are a lot of methods to prevent erectile dysfunction development in general and ejaculatory dysfunction in particular. Become aware right now!
The lack of on the ejaculatory force and the volume seems to be surprising, since the effect of both tends to decline with age (along with the testosterone levels).
However, the benefit of testosterone normalization can differ from person to person. The effect appears to be less likely in case of men having very tough skin or those who appear to be obese.
Failure of orgasm can affect both men and women the same way. Researchers hope that by sharing this information, they would be achieve some amount of funding that could help do further research in this area, so that they could treat men from this common and yet misunderstood condition. Currently, Canadian Health&Care Mall medications can be an effective treatment. Read also for getting interesting information – “Canadian Health&Care Mall Claims That Additional Doses Of Testosterone With Viagra May Not Help ED“.
According to new research studies, undergoing a surgery for penile prosthesis implantation will not be enough for the restoration of satisfactory sexual activity. A post-surgery counseling session can help to bring significant improvement to a person’s sex life. Counselling is also useful when using Canadian Health&Care Mall medications.
The belief is based on the fact that while the surgery helps to restore the sexual activity of a patient suffering from erectile dysfunction, it is the mechanical nature of the device that can often turn out to be off-putting with its inherent lack of spontaneity. The result can be loss of sexual identity. The counseling session can help to solve this problem by trying to alleviate the loss of identity.
It was Dr. Francesca Pisano and her team from the University of Turin in Italy who performed the research test.
- A total of 30 penile prosthesis patients along with their partners were randomized.
- Before the surgery, the sexual function and erectile dysfunction surveys could not identify any possible differences among the patients.
- However, after a time period of one year, patients who underwent counseling was seen to make an improvement of 68.3 score compared to the others who had a score of 53.4.
- The group that underwent the treatment was also seen to make a remarkable improvement in the other two of the five domains of the index.
- In the intercourse satisfaction domain, the mean score of the treatment group improve to a total of 13.5 from the mean score of 2.1, out of the 15 possible.
- There was an improvement in the controls by 6.2 (from 2.5 to 8.7).
- In the orgasmic function, the score of the treatment group improved by 5.1 (from 2.3 to 9.4), with the controls improving by 3.8 (from 2.8 to 6.6).
Possible therapy suggestions that could be determined from the study
- The research study helped doctors to identify some of the possible treatments that could be used to help put patients during the counseling therapy sessions.
- Some of these findings suggest how counselors can help patients to get used to enjoying a natural sexual life with the help of prosthesis (which on the contrary, is unnatural).
However, the survey was not all positive. It had differences too.
To get more information you can read posts:
- A New Pump-Free Prosthesis Can Work as Penile Implant to Treat ED
- Canadian Health&Care Mall Suggests Treatment for Curved Penis
The baseline score of the treatment group under the Sexual Daydreaming Scale made an improvement of 52.8 out of the total 60, with the average score being 26.5.
This however, differed from the score point that was found out from the control group – from 27.1 to 45.8. Even their partners had a similar score report.
After two years from the date of surgery, these were the findings.
- The treatment group reported an average score of 52.2 out of 100 under the Erectile Dysfunction of Treatment Satisfaction Score.
- In many cases, patients were reported to experience an improvement in their erectile function. No major differences could be detected between the two groups as such.
- The control group on the other hand, reported an average score of 44.6.
- However, despite the significant improvement that was detected among patients after the treatment, many reported of significant differences. This held a positive report from at least 13 patients belonging to the Treatment group and 10 patients from the Control group.
How does the Counseling Session Work?
Each counseling session is carried out for a minimum of 50 minutes, both before and after the surgery.
Before the Surgery
- This is a step-by-step process. In the first session, the therapist will be paying all attention to the patient’s partner and how they shares her perception of the intercourse.
- The therapist will then try to draw out any differences that could be detected with that of the patient.
After the Surgery
- The next counseling session starts after the patient undergoes the surgery.
- The therapist will try to assess the impact created on a patient who underwent the prosthesis surgery.
This is then followed by the following types of sessions as needed –
- Individual Sessions
- Couple Sessions
The session holds a crucial place for partners. The partner plays an active role in affirming their identity and increasing the sexual desire of men. Even those using Canadian Health&Care Mall medicines will find it useful.
However, It is only a matter of future possibilities and is only limited to a single center. It will be necessary to gather larger findings that will be necessary to confirm with the findings.