News Category: Antibiotics
What is Azithromycin?
Azithromycin is the generic name given to the prescription drug called Zithromax Canada Pharmacy. Azithromycin is an antibiotic that is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections like:
- Cat scratch disease;
- Ear infections;
- Tonsil or throat infection;
- Infection of the surrounding tissue or the skin.
It is also used for the treatment of respiratory infections such as:
- Certain cases of COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- A whopping cough.
Doctors might even prescribe the medication for sexually transmitted diseases and genital infections like:
- Infections of the cervix or urethra;
- Severe pelvic inflammatory disease;
- Genital ulcers.
Zithromax belongs to a group of drugs which are called macrolide antibiotics. They work to prevent the bacteria from creating their own protein.
Contraindications Regarding Zithromax Canada Pharmacy
You should not take the drug for bacterial infection if you:
- If you are allergic to the drug or any of the inactive ingredients of it;
- Having a form of jaundice known as cholestatic jaundice;
- Taking pimozide;
- Before taking the medicine tell the doctor if you are having;
- Liver problems such as hepatitis;
- Severe kidney problems;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Slow or irregular heartbeat.
The drug for bacterial infection might cause certain unusual changes in the activities of the heart and this might lead to a serious irregular heartbeat. In case, you have a heart rhythm problem like irregular or slow heartbeat or take drugs for the treatment of this condition then talk to the doctor before taking Zithromax Canadian Pharmacy Mall. The doctor needs to make sure that you have a normal level of magnesium and potassium before prescribing you the dosage.
If you are taking the drug for a long period of time then it might lead to very serious bacterial infection which might be quite difficult to treat.
Zithromax Canada Pharmacy and Pregnancy
This is medicine is generally considered safe for consumption during the time of pregnancy. Irrespective of this, you should let your doctor know if you are pregnant or if you are planning to become pregnant before taking this medicine. Also, let the doctor know if you are breastfeeding or planning to do so before taking the drug.
Zithromax and Alcohol
When you are taking this drug, consumption of alcohol might worsen or increase the side effects of the drugs like stomach upset and dizziness.
What are the Possible Interactions of Zithromax?
It is important to tell the doctor or the pharmacist about all the medications that you are taking. This includes the prescription medicine as well as the product that might not seem like medicines such as dietary supplements, counter drugs or herbals along with recreational drugs, legal or illegal.
You need to avoid taking the medicine if you are taking:
- BCG Live;
You ask the doctor to prescribe you a different antibiotic if you are taking the drug that has been enlisted below:
- Blood thinners such as enoxaparin, warfarin, heparin, or fondaparinux;
- Medication for the prevention of blood clots;
- Live typhoid vaccine;
The drug is available in pill or liquid form. It is also available as injections which are given only by doctors in the hospitals. This medicine can be taken either with or without food. If you suspect an overdose of the medicine then contact the doctor immediately.
Mild interactions of Amoxicillin include:
- erythromycin base.
- erythromycin lactobionate.
- erythromycin ethylsuccinate, and others.
Dangerous interactions of Amoxicillin include:
- allopurinol – may lead to allergic skin reactions;
- digoxin – may increase its absorbability against background therapy when used with this antibiotic;
- anticoagulants – can increase the chance of bleeding due to the prolonged prothrombin time. The joint appliance of anticoagulants and Amoxicillin requires homeostatic indicators constant monitoring;
- probenecid – suppresses amoxicillin clearance through the kidneys and leads to an increase in the concentration of generic Amoxicillin in blood;
- other antibiotics from Canadian HealthCare Mall – there is a possibility of antagonism action when used in combination with other bacteriostatic agents: macrolides, tetracyclines, sulfonamides;
- methotrexate – may increase the degree of toxicity what may result in competitive inhibition of renal tubular secretion of amoxicillin by methotrexate;
- azithromycin – reduces bactericidal effects of the drug;
- ambroxol – increases the concentration of the generic antibiotic in the sputum and bronchial secretions;
- aspirin, indomethacin and phenylbutazone – inhibit the clearance of the antibiotic, prolonging its effect;
- dirithromycin, sulfamethoxazole, minocycline, tetracycline, oxytetracycline, clarithromycin, methacycline, doxycycline and erythromycin – interfere with the bactericidal effect;
- lansoprazole – increases the risk of side effects relating to the gastrointestinal tract (glossitis, stomatitis, glossotrichia);
- metronidazole – increases the antibacterial activity of the generic antibiotic;
- naproxen – may increase the risk of renal dysfunction;
- rocuronium is pharmacologically incompatible with this remedy;
- famotidine – accelerates the absorption of the antibiotic;
- chloramphenicol – inhibits the bactericidal effect of the antibiotic;
- ethanol – reduces the rate of amoxicillin absorption in the intestine;
Amoxicillin should be taken with caution with oral hormonal contraceptives. The antibiotic may cause a transient decrease of estrogen and progesterone levels in blood and reduce the effects of contraceptives. In this connection, Canadian Pharmacy Mall recommends using other non-hormonal methods of contraception during treatment with this drug.
Study contraindications for Amoxicillin to avoid complications and adverse effects. Common contraindications: hypersensitivity reaction (anaphylaxis) allergies or atopic conditions (asthma, eczema, urticaria), hay fever. Other contraindications for Amoxicillin Alcohol intoxication: Alcohol and Amoxicillin are incompatible. The combination of these substances can cause severe allergic reactions, even …
Side effects of Amoxicillin are usually rare, as the drug belongs to the medications, which are generally well tolerated. Common side effects: nausea, vomiting, dizziness; redness, blistering; breathing problems; stomach pain, diarrhea; swelling of the face, lips, or tongue; headache; vaginal itching or discharge; …