Study contraindications for Amoxicillin to avoid complications and adverse effects.
- hypersensitivity reaction (anaphylaxis)
- allergies or atopic conditions (asthma, eczema, urticaria),
- hay fever.
[ithshop code=”amoxicillin” tpl=”short” page_id=”2258″ dummy=”txt”]
Other contraindications for Amoxicillin
- Alcohol intoxication: Alcohol and Amoxicillin are incompatible. The combination of these substances can cause severe allergic reactions, even the patient’s death;
- Also, a patient needs to consider the possibility of a cross-allergy to other beta-lactam antibiotics such as cephalosporins, carbapenem.
Take the antibiotic with caution!
- The drug should be used with caution in patients with allergic diathesis and asthma;
- Patients with renal failure may experience slow the clearance of the drug from the organism. Depending on the degree of disease the doctor may recommend reduction of the daily Amoxicillin dosage;
- Children and premature infants should use the generic medication with caution: it is necessary to monitor renal function, as well as hepatic and hematologic parameters;
- The antibiotic should be used with caution in patients with viral infections, acute lymphoblastic leukemia and infectious mononucleosis (due to the increased risk of erythematous skin rashes).
Amoxicillin and Pregnancy
In general, antibiotics are not desirable during pregnancy. Amoxicillin during pregnancy is permissible only under strict health reasons and the strict supervision of the treating doctor. There is no information about possible embryotoxic, teratogenic or mutagenic effects of the drug during pregnancy so far. The drug penetrates breast milk.
Consult a specialist before taking this medication!