Tadalafil (Cialis brand name) is a proven and affordable medication used to treat erectile dysfunction. But what makes this remedy so popular?
- Tadalafil relaxes penile muscles. It increases blood flow to the penis, which is necessary to achieve a stable and long-lasting erection;
- used to treat erectile dysfunction;
- can be applied in other cases not listed in this medication guide.
What Do I Need to Discuss With a Doctor Before Buying Tadalafil?
Do not start applying tadalafil if you are taking any of the medicines listed below:
- Nitrate such as nitroglycerine, isosorbide dinitrate, and others · nitrates are also present in some recreational drugs such as amyl nitrate or nitrite;
- Alpha-blockers (tamsulosin except (Flomax) 0.4 in mg once a day), such as doxazosin, guanadrel, prazosin, terazosin, alfuzosin, and others.
- Simultaneous reception of tadalafil with any of these medications may cause arterial blood pressure decrease, which can lead to dizziness, fainting, heart attack.
Before you start taking tadalafil, tell your doctor if you have:
- heart diseases, such as angina, heart failure, irregular heartbeat or have had a heart attack previously;
- low or high uncontrolled blood pressure;
- have had a stroke;
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- blood disorder associated with blood cells, such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia;
- bleeding disorders;
- stomach ulcer;
- retinitis pigmentosa (inherited eyes disorder);
- physical penile deformity, such as Peyronie’s disease;
You can not take Tadalafil or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of conditions listed above.
Although Cialis is not intended for women, according to the classification by FDA, it is referred to the category B with respect to pregnancy. This means that tadalafil is harmless to the fetus. Women should not take this drug.
If you are over 65, drug’s side effect manifestations are more likely. The doctor may prescribe a smaller dose of the drug.
Mode of Application
Take tadalafil exactly as prescribed by your doctor. To clarify the indications for use, contact your doctor, pharmacist or ask your question via Canadian Health&Care Mall – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
As a rule, the drug is taken before sexual intercourse, if necessary. Duration of drug action can be up to 36 hours or more. Drug use frequency is determined by the physician. Do not exceed the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Tadalafil helps to achieve an erection during sexual stimulation. An erection does not occur when only one taking a pill.
- The drug is taken with food or on an empty stomach.
- A pill should not be taken with excessive amounts of alcohol. Excessive use of alcohol in combination with Cialis (tadalafil) can cause a headache, dizziness, palpitations or low blood pressure.
- Abstention from sexual activity and notify your doctor if during sex you experience dizziness, nausea, or angina (pain, pressure, discomfort, numbness, or tingling in your chest, arms, neck, or jaw).
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of 4-hour erection. Persistent erection can damage the penis.
- Tadalafil cannot interact with grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Such interactions can produce an undesirable effect. You should discuss with your doctor the use of grapefruit or grapefruit juice during treatment. Do not increase or decrease the amount of grapefruit in your diet without talking to your doctor.
- Store this medication at room temperature in cool dry place.
Possible Side Effects
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking the drug and contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (difficulties with breathing, airways narrowing, lips, tongue, face or hives swelling);
- chest pain or irregular heartbeat;
- dizziness, nausea, or angina (pain, pressure, discomfort, numbness, or tingling in your chest, arms, neck, or jaw);
- ankles or Legs swelling;
- shortness of breath;
- prolonged or severe dizziness;
Tadalafil can cause minor side effects. Continue taking this medication and tell your doctor if you experience the following symptoms:
- a headache;
- a backache;
- muscle pain;
- stuffy nose.
There may be other side effects not listed in this medication guide. Report any unusual side effects, particularly those that cause your anxiety, you should inform your doctor about it.