Alesse side effects are expressed inessentially because these birth control pills are tolerated well. Side effects, as a rule, have temporary character and pass on their own after 2-3 months of constant Alesse use. Side effects probability is increased when taking hormonal drugs without consultation with specialists to define the exact dosage necessary for you individually.
[ithshop code=”alesse” tpl=”short” page_id=”1843″ dummy=”txt”]
Most Common Side Effects
- Digestive system: dyspepsia, hepatitis, gallbladder disease, jaundice, apetite changes.
- Endocrine system: tension, breast enlargement, changes in body weight, minor vaginal spotting (drug discontinuation is not required), intermenstrual bleeding (you must stop taking and undergo gynecological examination), vaginal candidiasis. The frequency of irregular uterine bleeding (as scant and abundant) is reduced for the next admission rates; with time, they tend to be terminated.
- Cardio-vascular system: high blood pressure, thrombosis and thromboembolism of different localization.
- Central nervous system: mood lability, fatigue, headache, migraine.
- Other: headache, increased hair growth, chloasma (nevus pigmentosis, which is enhanced by prolonged exposure to sun), skin rash, alopecia, cramps in calf muscles, increased triglyceride levels in plasma, decreased glucose tolerance, increased blood sugar level, poor tolerance of contact lenses, swelling, dizziness.
- Some preparations contain ferrous fumarate which may provoke irritation of gastrointestinal tract, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation. The chair can be of black color. In these cases, it is better to replace Alesse 28 to Alesse 21 (number of pills in one blister).
- Genitourinary system: vaginal itching or discharge, changes in your menstrual periods, low libido, breakthrough bleeding.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea (especially when you first start taking this medicine), vomiting, bloating, stomach cramps;
- breast tenderness or swelling, nipple discharge;
- freckles or darkening of facial skin, increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair;
- weight or appetite changes;
- problems with contact lenses;
- vaginal itching or allocations;
- changes in your menstrual periods, decreased sex drive.
Stop taking Alesse if the following side effects are observed:
- abrupt tightening or weakness;
- sudden and severe headache, migraine, confusion, visual impairement, speech disturbances;
- chest pain, arm or shoulder pain, nausea, sweating, general weakness;
- sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing with blood allocations;
- pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs;
- a change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
- a breast lump;
- symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness, tired feeling, mood changes).