Zithromax or more commonly known as azithromycin is a bacteria-fighting antibiotic. It is used to treat various kinds of infections caused by bacteria some of which include infection of the skin, infection of the ear, respiratory infections and even STD’s (Sexually transmitted diseases). It is still believed to be effective for other purposes as well that may or may not be listed on your medication list.
Things to Care about when Using Zithromax
A few things you need to care before you consume Zithromax are to see if you haven’t had any of these conditions recently. These include:
- Liver or kidney diseases or heart rhythm disorder or in case you have had a long history of QT syndrome
- Although there have been no instances of harming a baby it is highly advisable to consult your doctor in case of pregnancy.
- The same applies if you are breastfeeding your kid right now. One important thing to take note of is that it should not be given to kids.
- Zithromax is only to be consumed at doctor’s prescription. The medicine should be taken in the exact amount as prescribed so as to avoid any side or ill effects.
- Also, it must be noted that the prescription for the amount of Zithromycin to be taken can very well vary from infection to infection. Therefore, a prescription from the doctor is strictly advised.
- Furthermore, do not forget to shake the contents of the medicine before use. Not only that, also make sure to measure your dose either by a syringe or you can ask your pharmacist for a dose-measuring device.
- While getting prescription, let your doctor know your medical history in case you have had liver problems from before.
- In order to get the best results, make sure to have your medicine for the complete prescription time. There is a good chance that your symptoms might start to heal before the time for a prescription is over. However, that definitely does not mean that you can stop midway. Skipping may further put you at a risk of another infection.
- Zithromax can be consumed before your meal and even after the meal as well.
Many people are seen to be opting. Zithromax also provides a good option for any of those who have a bacterial infection. Watch the video to know how to use this antibiotic:
- aluminum or magnesium application for at least 2 hours before. You can check out if your other prescription contains these. In case they do, consult your doctor. The reason for this is that these antacids may end up reducing the effect of Zithromax.
- It is often seen that antibiotics end up causing diarrhea as a side effect. So, in case you get diarrhea after consuming the medicine, do not panic and consult your doctor instead to resolving to take anti-diarrhea medicines by yourself.
- Another precaution after taking this drug is that avoiding areas with too much exposure to sunlight. Zithromax may cause you to tan more easily so avoid places which might get you sunburnt.
Just like any other drug, consumption of Zithromax may cause some side effects. These include:
- breathing difficulties;
- swelling of face
- watery or bloody stool
- severe headache;
- liver problems;
- no appetite
In case you experience any of the side effects thus listed, contact your doctor immediately.