Mild interactions of Amoxicillin include:
- erythromycin base.
- erythromycin lactobionate.
- erythromycin ethylsuccinate, and others.
[ithshop code=”amoxicillin” tpl=”short” page_id=”2258″ dummy=”txt”]
Dangerous interactions of Amoxicillin include:
- allopurinol – may lead to allergic skin reactions;
- digoxin – may increase its absorbability against background therapy when used with this antibiotic;
- anticoagulants – can increase the chance of bleeding due to the prolonged prothrombin time. The joint appliance of anticoagulants and Amoxicillin requires homeostatic indicators constant monitoring;
- probenecid – suppresses amoxicillin clearance through the kidneys and leads to an increase in the concentration of generic Amoxicillin in blood;
- other antibiotics from Canadian HealthCare Mall – there is a possibility of antagonism action when used in combination with other bacteriostatic agents: macrolides, tetracyclines, sulfonamides;
- methotrexate – may increase the degree of toxicity what may result in competitive inhibition of renal tubular secretion of amoxicillin by methotrexate;
- azithromycin – reduces bactericidal effects of the drug;
- ambroxol – increases the concentration of the generic antibiotic in the sputum and bronchial secretions;
- aspirin, indomethacin and phenylbutazone – inhibit the clearance of the antibiotic, prolonging its effect;
- dirithromycin, sulfamethoxazole, minocycline, tetracycline, oxytetracycline, clarithromycin, methacycline, doxycycline and erythromycin – interfere with the bactericidal effect;
- lansoprazole – increases the risk of side effects relating to the gastrointestinal tract (glossitis, stomatitis, glossotrichia);
- metronidazole – increases the antibacterial activity of the generic antibiotic;
- naproxen – may increase the risk of renal dysfunction;
- rocuronium is pharmacologically incompatible with this remedy;
- famotidine – accelerates the absorption of the antibiotic;
- chloramphenicol – inhibits the bactericidal effect of the antibiotic;
- ethanol – reduces the rate of amoxicillin absorption in the intestine;
Amoxicillin should be taken with caution with oral hormonal contraceptives. The antibiotic may cause a transient decrease of estrogen and progesterone levels in blood and reduce the effects of contraceptives. In this connection, Canadian Pharmacy Mall recommends using other non-hormonal methods of contraception during treatment with this drug.
Study contraindications for Amoxicillin to avoid complications and adverse effects. Common contraindications: hypersensitivity reaction (anaphylaxis) allergies or atopic conditions (asthma, eczema, urticaria), hay fever. Other contraindications for Amoxicillin Alcohol intoxication: Alcohol and Amoxicillin are incompatible. The combination of these substances can …
Side effects of Amoxicillin are usually rare, as the drug belongs to the medications, which are generally well tolerated. Common side effects: nausea, vomiting, dizziness; redness, blistering; breathing problems; stomach pain, diarrhea; swelling of the face, lips, or tongue; headache; vaginal itching or discharge; …